WINDHOEK – According to fitness instructor Meke Namindo of Mekenificent Fitness these are some of the reasons why exercise is good for you.
– It’s good for your cardiovascular system. Your heart will especially thank you for moving, even just a little bit. The heart loves to work. That’s what it was designed for. To work all its life.
– It is good for your blood pressure. Young, old, black or white, going for some exercise helps level your blood pressure. You are likely to reduce high blood pressure by exercising.
– Promotes weight loss. If you are overweight or are carrying some extra chunks (unwanted fat), you can combine your healthy eating plan with exercising and really see results.
– Improves your mood. When you are faced with stressing moments, throwing in some exercise releases the happy hormones called endorphins. So next time you feel sad or angry, excuse yourself and do some exercises
– It helps you build stronger bones.
– Exercise helps reduce the intensity of asthma. Experts also believe that it increases your lung capacity.
– Do you want to look ten years younger? Make it a habit to exercise.
– It gives your body a nice shape. I mean, you are sexy already but when you tone those muscles? You become a sexy beast. You can decide to tone your butt and legs or focus on the stomach or arms. You can actually design your body the way you want to with specific workouts.
– It makes you more alert. It gives you brain power. Have you ever seen someone coming from a workout? The hype is fire. You are energized.
– It gives you an easy pregnancy. Just make sure you have a green card from your healthcare provider. But as Dr Weber, would say, you are not sick you are just pregnant so please do move.
– If you are diabetic, it helps you reduce your cholesterol levels and insulin requirements.
– It helps when you are about to get a cold. And actually when you work out often, you hardly get common colds. Your immune system strengthens.
– It’s great for your sex life. Go for a run and don’t leave him or her behind.
– It reduces insomnia. If you struggle with your sleeping patterns. You can eliminate this issue through exercising.
– Helps prevent those preventable chronic diseases. It gives you muscle strength, helps supply nutrients to your cells, helps with your joints.