Family offers N$50,000 reward for information on son’s death

0
1634

Eveline de Klerk

WALVIS BAY – The family of a young man whose death was ruled as drowning by a private autopsy is offering a reward of N$50,000 for any information that could help unravel his last moments before he drowned.
The 20-year-old Sedick Brenner’s lifeless body was discovered last week Wednesday morning by a resident of Long Beach.

According to Deputy Commissioner Erastus Iikuyu, although prior suspicions were that he might have been assaulted, the autopsy that was done by a doctor on behalf of the family ruled his death as a drowning.
Brenner’s sister Gadja on Sunday morning told New Era that they have not yet received any promising leads that could answer the many questions the family have around her brother’s death.

“Nobody has come forward yet. However, we are still busy investigating his death from our side. All in all, we just want to be left alone and deal with it privately, as it is very painful [to know] a young person died in such unexplainable manner,” she said.

The police in a crime report released last week to the media indicated that there were only small bruises visible on Brenner’s body when his corpse washed out along the beach on Wednesday morning. He was also only wearing grey underwear and his body was not yet decomposed when found.

According to Iikuyu, Brenner was last seen alive on Tuesday around 03h00 at their residence at Long Beach with two friends. The two were questioned and released last week by the police. Meanwhile, Brenner was buried on Friday afternoon according to Islamic custom.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here