Police give up search for missing boy

0
18

Keetmanshoop

Police in the //Karas Region have ended their search for the three-year-old boy who was washed away by strong floodwaters in January.

The boy was swept out of his mother’s hands by a deluge of rainwater at Komsberg farm, about 70km southeast of Ariamsvlei, as they tried to run from their flooded house to higher ground after heavy rains on January 21.

Almost a month and two weeks after the dreadful day that also left grape workers homeless as more than 60 reed houses were completely destroyed by the flood, the police had decided to throw in the towel as the search operation had not bore any results.

//Karas Regional Crime Coordinator Deputy Commissioner Rudolf Isaak confirmed to New Era that the police had stopped their search last week Wednesday.

He said that searches were done by the police and military and the banks of the Orange River were thoroughly combed covering about 40 kilometres from Komsberg but nothing was found.

“We have decided to stop the operation and will now only rely on any information provided,” he said. He said police have tried their best and after a month the operation had proven to be costly, as it required money to deploy manpower at the search points.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here