Fire destroys Tsumeb open market

0
41

Omuthiya

A fire engulfed the Tulipamwe open market in Tsumeb’s Nomtsob location, destroying almost a hundred stalls.
The cause of the blaze was unknown but no injuries were sustained.

Ninety-three of the 103 stalls were damaged.
It is alleged the fire might have been caused by faulty electrical wiring.

The CEO of the Tsumeb Municipality, Archie Benjamin, said a technical team was investigating to determine what caused the fire.

“At the moment we don’t know what really caused the fire, but we are suspecting there might have been a fault in the electrical line. But we are trying to get an assessor to assess the whole damage and see what we can do to help and how we can assist,” said Benjamin.
Some stall owners’ fridges, food, and other valuables perished in the blaze.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here