Vocational training graduates to boost capacity

0
36
Some of the trainers that graduated last Friday in the Promotion of Vocational Education and Training (ProVET) programme with certificates in occupationally directed education, training and development practices. Standing from left to right, Christoph Heil team leader Integration Consultants, Joseph Mukendwa, the head of cooperation of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Christiaan Grϋn, Kim Dry-Courtois, managing director Verycoolideas, Alpheas Shindi of NTA and Isobel Green who graduated as master trainer candidate.

Windhoek

The realisation and promotion of vocational education and training became more evident when forty-four trainers graduated last Friday in the Promotion of Vocational Education and Training (ProVET) programme after they did a course in occupationally directed education, training and development practices.

The training programme is supported jointly by the Namibia Training Authority (NTA) and the Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).

NTA and its implementation partners consider the certification of this group of trainers as a significant milestone in upskilling and growing the number of qualified young Namibian VET (vocational and educational training) practitioners, so urgently needed for the expansion of quality technical and vocational training services throughout the country.

“The course is accredited in South Africa by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and is recognised in Namibia by the Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA). They provide recognition at certificate Level 5 in occupationally directed education, training and development practices and address all key areas of planning, delivery, assessment and moderation of vocational training as reflected in the Namibian unit of standards,” said Joseph Mukendwa, the general manager of the National Training Fund.

He said the course is competency based and graduates are able to deliver CBET training in their respective occupational areas.

Also speaking at the graduation ceremony, the head of cooperation of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Christiaan Grün, explained the work of the joint programme.

“Our cooperation is based on Vision 2013 and always has the task of developing the capacities of individuals, organisations and societies in our partner country. That means we want to help capacity within the country,” said Grün.

Graduates received certificates, diplomas and master trainer certificates.
The courses in the programme were designed by Verycoolideas of South Africa, a skills development and related training programme provider.

The graduates paid 20 percent of the costs for the course while ProVET paid the remaining 80 percent.

The courses are competency-based, and the graduates are now able to deliver community-based education training in their respective occupational areas.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here