By Sifu Lawrence Hochobeb
– Avoid parking in poorly lit areas.
– When leaving your car, make sure that all windows are closed and all doors are locked.
– Don’t leave valuable items visible in the car, especially on the car seats or dashboard. They are an invitation for thieves to break into your car.
– Have your keys ready before you approach your car and check that no one is acting suspiciously in the area.
– Never get into your car without first looking in the back seat.
– If you think you are being followed, don’t drive to your house. Drive to the nearest police station, service station, friends’ or relatives’ homes.
– Always keep the car doors locked while driving.
– Always leave your car in gear while waiting at a traffic light.
– Do not get out of the car until you are sure there are no suspicious people around.
Sifu Lawrence Hochobeb is the founder and chief instructor of Namibia Wing Chun Kung Fu Academy.