By Staff Reporter
A youth programme, Climbing the Mountain of Success: Are You Willing? will be staged this Saturday by the Young Achievers as part of their monthly activities at the Lutheran Church near Okahandja Park, on the outskirts of the capital.
The event, starting at 13h00, will be staged under the theme, “Youth to youth programme”, focusing on self-reliance, development and education. “The programme will be facilitated by the youth themselves, and this is especially important to attend this event, to encourage our young people as they actively engage in the development of the country. “On this special occasion, we would also like to express our appreciation to those who have contributed to the Young Achievers by generously sharing their intellectual, professional and social skills. “They serve as positive role models and mentors and have been a tremendous blessing,” said Geraldo in a media statement on behalf of the group.
The objectives of Young Achievers are:
1. To provide young people with a vision or a sense of mission in life.
2. To inspire and motivate young people to become responsible citizens, both locally, regionally and globally.
3. To support young people in their personal growth in positive directions.
The aims of forming this group are:
– To strive that 100% of the youth that go through the programme make it to university.
– To involve communities and the country in the betterment of Namibian youth.
– To involve young people in the design, implementation and deliverance of programmes and services.
– To create youth clubs around the city and offer safe, diverse, culturally enriching and intellectually stimulating after-school activities.