No Report on Kapia – 5 Months Later

0
14

By Emma Kakololo WINDHOEK Five months after the Swapo Party Youth League (SPYL) set up a committee to investigate its suspended Secretary Paulus Kapia, no report is forthcoming despite reports that the investigation has been completed. Reports are rife that the investigating committee the SPYL set up to look into the dealings of Kapia and Central Committee member Ralph Blaauw with Avid Investment Corporation has concluded its investigations. When approached for comment, SPYL Secretary for Information Elijah Ngurare curtly replied that it has never been the norm for the SPYL to report through rumour or media. According to the speculations, the team also made groundbreaking findings that could incriminate Kapia and negatively impact his political career. Kapia has already lost his position as the Deputy Minister of Works, Transport and Communication, as well as his parliamentary seat. He was suspended on full benefits, following a Central Committee resolution. “Maybe those who resorted to those things might know better. That was not part of the condition of this investigation,” Ngurare commented. The condition of the investigation, he said, was for the team to come up with a collective finding based on clear terms of reference put out for them. One of the terms of reference is for the committee to determine the role and effect to which the SPYL was used in securing the Avid investment. He said on September 03, 2005, the Central Committee deliberated on various issues including the two “comrades” and resolved that a team be established to probe them. The team was also tasked to report back the findings to the National Executive Committee (NEC) within a month, but it has failed. “One month became five months. The National Executive Committee as we speak has not seen any report on the findings of the investigations of the investigation committee,” Ngurare stated. Chairperson of the investigating committee Pohamba Shifeta was not available for comment yesterday. Shifeta in a previous interview with New Era last month confirmed that they had completed the investigations and would table the findings to the National Executive Committee early this month. In November 2005, he promised that the report would be out “in two weeks”, which would have been end November. He also would not divulge the findings of the investigations, and noted that the NEC had the prerogative to make the outcome public. Ngurare said yesterday: “Now the blame is still on the SPYL. However, the Central Committee put the responsibility to certain individuals.” Ngurare noted that this was not the first time the SPYL was conducting an investigation. It has done many successful probes such as on the Omaheke and Otjozo-ndjupa offices.

SHARE
Previous articleAnd the Show Goes On
Next articleNDC Bosses Claim Innocence