Suspected Murderer Found Dead


By Surihe Gaomas WINDHOEK THE police made a major breakthrough in the Karas region where they recovered stolen items worth N$30 000 at LÃÆ’Æ‘Æ‘ÃÆ”šÃ‚¼deritz last week Wednesday. A 23-year-old man was arrested in connection with the stolen goods, which among other items included clothes, radio cassettes, gas bottles, a stove, knives, duvets and other items. These items were discovered after a police operation was conducted at shack Number 414 at New Location residential area in LÃÆ’Æ‘Æ‘ÃÆ”šÃ‚¼deritz. In another positive development, a trial-awaiting prisoner who escaped from the Ohangwena police station on January 7 was re-arrested two days later at Empembe village in Ohangwena. The inmate has been identified as 27-year-old Johannes Nghipulavali who faces a charge of stock theft. By the latest trend of events, prison escapes and prompt re-arrests seem to be a common activity in the country. Just last week Monday, a jailbreak of four more trial-awaiting prisoners occurred when the inmates escaped from the Eenhana police cells in the Ohangwena region by cutting a hole through the roof of the training or exercise cell with an unknown object. The jailbreak in the north took place around 21:30 when the four suspects sawed through the burglar bar roofing of the cell used for physical training. Yet, while two of the suspects Stefanus Hangula aged 38 and 24-year-old Erastus Tulinanye were soon rearrested by the police around 14:00 the next day, the remaining two Johannes Elago and 28-year-old Tuliweni Nakale are still at large and police investigations continue. The four escapees are wanted for housebreaking, theft, stock theft and indecent assault. In other crime incidents, two separate murders have been reported to the Namibian police, the latest one in the Omaheke region, while the other was in the Khomas Region. Eighty-year-old Claudia Munejanda was shot and killed by her farm worker at Post Hamutuee in the Otjinene area, last week Monday. Although the exact time of the murder is not known, the deceased reportedly died after being “shot in the chest with a rifle and then the suspect (also) shot and killed two cattle at the farm,” states the latest crime bulletin. The suspect, identified as 27-year-old Mathues Kazondjou, was arrested the next day and appeared before the Gobabis Magistrates’ Court last week Thursday after which the cases was remanded to March 2 this year. The second murder case occurred at Rehoboth, where 20-year-old Geil Boois died shortly after being stabbed twice in the left shoulder. The incident occurred around the late hours of the night about 22:45 at the town’s Block B residential area. A 24-year-old suspect has been arrested in connection with the murder, while police investigations continue. In another development, involving the murder of 39-year-old Theopartiu Harakuta who was killed at her residence last week Tuesday in Wanaheda, police discovered the dead body of the suspected murderer, the late Maiueza Katjangua aged 32, two days later at around 17:00. His body was found floating in the Goreangab Dam in Windhoek. It is suspected that he drowned. A case of arson was opened in Windhoek last week Friday at around 01:30 at the Kalahari Holdings premises in Bismarck Street where the reception area of an office was gutted by fire.